The enzyme Factor Book. Hiromi Shiyna
- The Enzyme Factor Diet advises that the ratio of fruits, vegetables, legumes and grains to meat in our diet be 85% to 15% respectively.
- Broken down, that’s 45% whole grains like brown rice, rolled barley, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, amaranth, oatmeal, whole oats, bulgar, soybeans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, lentils, pinto beans, peas, etc. 30% green vegetables & roots like potatoes, carrots, yams, beets & sea vegetables. 10% fruits, seeds & nuts. 15% fish, eggs or chicken with a preference of fish over chicken, and small fish at that.(less mercury).
- Foods to add to your diet include Herbal Teas, Kelp, Brewers Yeast (source of B complex & minerals), Bee pollen & propolis, enzyme supplements, multivitamins & mineral supplements.
- Foods to avoid include dairy, tea, coffee, sugar, nicotine, alcohol, chocolate, fat/oils, regular salt (sea salt with minerals are preferred), margarine and fried foods.
- Habits to follow include not eating/drinking 4 hrs before sleeping, chewing 30–50 times per mouthful, consume fruit 30–60 mins before meals, eat more raw or fermented food, eat less oxidized foods.
- Drink good water like hard/mineral/alkaline water, 6–10 cups a day.
- Daily bowel movement that can be supplemented with coffee enemas to aid detox.
- Moderate daily exercise appropriate for age. (excessive exercise can release harmful free radicals)
- Adequate rest meaning consistent sleep time with 6–8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Nap after lunch.
- Breathing & Meditation. Wear loose clothing to not restrict breath. Practice taking deep breaths every hour.
- Joy & Love. Overall well being can boost the body’s enzyme factor.
- Decrease dependence on drugs.
- Take supplements like fish oils, magnesium, vitamin A, B complex & C
- Seaweed & kelp including Nori, Kanten, Hijiki, Aonori & Wakame are rich in protein and minerals; they should be consumed.
- Mushrooms & Fungus like Kima, Maitake & Kikurage are highly nutritious.
- Tea & Coffee contains tannin that turns into tannic acid to erode your stomach lining, alkaline water is better
- Take digestive enzymes to aid food digestion, such that your body will not have to work as hard to digest the same food.
- Eat enzyme rich food, grains and vegetables.
- Protein needed — 1g per kg of bodyweight.
- Better to cook grains, beans & potatoes before eating.
About the Author:
Hiromi Shinya was a Japanese-American Doctor who pioneered colonoscopic surgery and invented the colonoscope. He was chief of the endoscopy unit at Beth Israel Hospital in New York during his 40 years of practice. His findings are based on his observation of over 300,000 stomachs & intestines including those of presidents, prime ministers & movie stars. This book is the culmination of his life’s work and believes that the body has a ‘stem-cell’ like source enzyme that gets turned into other enzymes as the body needs. Keeping this source enzyme replenished constantly through diet and nutrition can keep a person’s vitality. He claims that none of his patients have seen recurrence of cancer by following his strict diet/lifestyle regime following surgical removal of the cancer.